Removing your make-up at night is so important for your skin. It cleanses your skin not only of your cosmetics, but also of all the day’s dust, sweat, and pollution. But we must admit that when it’s late or we’re feeling tired or lazy, we sometimes skip this crucial step. To help us never so much as think of bypassing it again, we decided to work on an oil-based make-up remover recipe. Make-up remover oils, commonly called cleansing oils, cleanse and nourish your skin at the same time. This one will leave your skin as clean and soft as Pure Velvet. How could anyone pass on that?
This DIY make-up remover oil is not only easy to use, it’s also very easy to make! All you need is three ingredients. You can also adjust the vegetable oil to suit your skin type. Soon you’ll have no excuse to skip taking off your make-up at night!
Ready for Pure Velvet skin? Read on!
How to make an oil-based make-up remover
- 40 g (88.5%) of the vegetable oil(s) of your choosing: hazelnut, jojoba, caprylis, baobab, hemp seed, or macadamia
- 5 g (11%) decyl glucoside
- 0.2 g (0.5%) rosemary oleoresin
- 1 small stainless steel bowl
- 1 mini silicone spatula
- 1 scale, accurate to 0.1 g
- 1 pipette
- 1 small funnel
- 1 ramekin
- 1 blue glass bottle with pump, 60 ml
Good to know!
- Decyl glucoside is a gentle, oil-soluble cleanser that will help wash off the make-up remover oil and all traces of make-up, leaving you with Pure Velvet skin!
- Here’s how to choose a vegetable oil according to your skin type:
Steps to follow
- Prepare and disinfect your equipment and workspace.
- Weigh the vegetable oil(s) in a bowl. Mix together.
- Weigh the decyl glucoside and add it to the bowl. Mix.
- Weigh the rosemary oleoresin and add it to the bowl. Mix.
- Pour the mixture into the bottle using a funnel. It’s as easy as that!
Use and conservation
Put a bit of your make-up remover oil in the palm of your hand. Warm it up slightly between your two hands and gently massage into the skin of your whole face. Rinse with fresh water, then hydrate your skin with a suitable cream.
When made in optimal sanitary conditions, this homemade make-up remover oil will keep for at least six months.