Would you like to lend a healthy glow to your face? Do you feel like your make-up kit is missing that extra little something to give your skin a radiance that’s sure to turn heads? Look no further: we have exactly what you need! Bring some Luminescence to your face with this homemade highlighter.
It’s just perfect for adding luminous and iridescent touches to your skin. Everyone at Coop Coco has been won over by this long-lasting, easy-to-apply DIY highlighter that is not only beautiful, but also vegan. It really does it all! And what’s more, this handmade highlighter is very easy to make, and you can use different micas to suit your preferences and skin tone. Homemade make-up is ideal because it can be perfectly adapted to your character and your complexion!
How to make highlighter at home?
- 2.4 g (48%) argan oil
- 1 g (20%) coconut oil
- 0.5 g (10%) candelilla wax
- 0.1 g (2%) titanium dioxide
- 1 g (20%) star dust mica
- 1 small stainless steel bowl
- 2 ramekins
- Mini spatula
- Mini mixer
- 1 PETE pot, 5 mL
- Components to make a double boiler
- Scale accurate to 0.1g and 0,01g
Good to know !
Since the oils contained in this recipe are rich in antioxidants, we have not added vitamin E. If you would still like to include some vitamin E, you can add it at a rate of 1% of the total volume of the recipe.
Steps to follow
- Prepare and sterilize your equipment and workspace.
- Weigh the coconut oil and candelilla wax in a bowl. Weigh the argan oil in a separate ramekin.
- Melt the coconut oil and wax mixture in the double boiler.
- Weigh the powders in a ramekin.
- When the wax and coconut oil have melted, add the argan oil to this mixture.
- Incorporate the titanium dioxide and the mica bit by bit, mixing well with the mini mixer and the spatula.
- Remove the mixture from the double boiler and carefully decant it into the pot. There you have it: your highlighter is ready!
Use and conservation
This handmade highlighter can be used on the face (cheeks, eyelids, etc.) and keeps for 3 to 6 months.
For optimal conservation, we recommend using a clean make-up brush to apply your highlighter from the container.