Easy DIY make-up remover lotion
Three great reasons to try our make-up remover recipe
Are you looking for a new make-up remover? If so, we’ve got three reasons that our latest recipe is the one for you! First, it’s enriched with soothing and hydrating ingredients that will gently melt away the stubbornest make-up and leave you with a clean, hydrated, and glowing complexion. Second, this cleansing lotion does more than dissolve stubborn make-up, it will also wash away the build-up your skin has accumulated throughout the day. Third, our make-up remover recipe is suitable for all skin types, including very sensitive skin, so you can gently but thoroughly wash away your day without irritating or drying out your skin. To top it all off, you’ll have the satisfaction of having made your top-notch make-up remover yourself! All you need is five ingredients and about ten minutes of your time.
Without further ado, here’s our step-by-step make-up remover recipe!
Before you begin
Before you begin your recipe, it’s important to make sure that your workspace and equipment are carefully cleaned and disinfected. This is essential to protect your DIY creations from microbes and ensure they last as long as possible.
How to make your own make-up remover lotion
- 28.1 g (46.2%) aloe gel
- 18.8 g (30.8%) neutral lotion
- 9.4 g (15.4%) cornflower hydrosol
- 3.8 g (6.2%) extra virgin coconut oil
- 3 drops of rose geranium, palmarosa, or tea tree essential oil
- Scale, accurate to 0.1 g
- Small bowl
- Mini-mixer with frothing attachment (the small wheel)
- Small silicone spatula
- A few spoons
- A few pipettes
- Cosmo bottle with disc top (60 ml)
Good to know!
- The essential oil is important because it serves as a preservative in this recipe. So, you want to choose an essential oil that offers antifungal and antibacterial properties. When combined with the neutral lotion and aloe gel, both of which contain natural preservatives, it will ensure an optimal conservation of your DIY make-up remover lotion. Here are three wonderful options to choose from:
- Rose geranium, which is soothing, toning, and contains antioxidants.
- Palmarosa, which is purifying, cleansing, and revitalizing.
- Tea tree, which is toning, purifying, and protective.
- Rich in vitamins and minerals, aloe gel soothes and deeply hydrates your skin, leaving it looking beautiful. It also has a lovely refreshing feel.
- Cornflower hydrosol is known to reduce puffiness—a big plus if you have tired eyes as it visibly reduces bags! It tones your skin, reduces redness, calms irritations, and will leave your complexion with that healthy glow.
Steps to follow
- Prepare and disinfect your equipment and workspace.
- Pour all the ingredients into a bowl.
- Use the mini-mixer with frothing attachment to vigorously blend the preparation until creamy and homogeneous.
- Use a funnel and a spatula to transfer the mixture to a bottle. Your DIY make-up remover lotion is good to go!
Use and conservation
To use your DIY make-up remover, pour a little onto a reusable cotton cloth and gently remove the make-up from your face using circular motions. Rinse your face with fresh water.
You can also use it to double cleanse your face to remove impurities. After removing your make-up, pour a little more lotion into the palm of your hand and apply like a cream to your face, gently massaging it in using circular motions. Rinse off again and continue with your usual care routine.
When made in optimal sanitary conditions, it will keep for keep for about three months. If you’d like to up the puffiness-reducing effect of the cornflower hydrosol, store your make-up remover lotion in the fridge.