Oil for All: All-in-one care for your face, body, and hair
This DIY oil offers a wealth of benefits
Does life feel a little too busy? Does your beauty routine have a few too many steps and products? Ours sometimes does… and that’s why we wanted to develop a single nourishing oil that would provide unparalleled care for your face, body, and hair—whatever your skin or hair type! It’s one Oil for All!
But this homemade multipurpose oil is no jack of all trades, master of none. It marries versatile and luxurious vegetable and essential oils that make it perfect for deeply nourishing and enhancing your complexion, skin, and hair. Made with choice natural ingredients, it helps your skin lock in hydration and provides it with all the nutrients it needs. It restores your mane, leaving it visibly suppler and shinier. And its rich, silky texture means that applying it will always be a treat.
We’re going all-in on this Oil for All!
How to make your own hair and body oil ?
- 5 g (10%) sweet almond oil
- 5 g (10%) argan oil
- 2.5 g (5%) jojoba oil
- 2.5 g (5%) black cumin seed oil
- 5 g (10%) castor oil
- 5 g (10%) rosehip oil
- 10 g (20%) sunflower oil
- 1 g (2%) rosewood essential oil
- 1 g (2%) chamomile essential oil (10%)
- 12 g (24%) green tea maceration
- 1 g (2%) vitamin E
- Scale, accurate to 0.1 g
- Small stainless steel bowl
- A few ramekins
- Small silicone spatula
- A few spoons
- Bottle with a dropper lid, 50 ml
Good to know!
- Black cumin seed oil has nourishing, soothing, and purifying properties. It’s often used in skincare products for acne-prone skin.
- Thanks to its softening and restorative properties, castor oil is particularly good for delicate and fragile skin. It’s also known to nourish and strengthen your mane, among other hair benefits.
- Rosehip oil is a key ingredient in this face, body, and hair oil recipe for its versatility; it provides all the nutrients needed for healthy, deeply nourished skin. Thanks to its revitalizing properties, it’s very kind to dry and sensitive skin.
- Rosewood essential oil is known to revitalize your hair and complexion, and to soothe and brighten your skin.
- Chamomile essential oil (10%) will replenish your skin’s moisture barrier and soothe your skin. Perfect for blemish-prone skin, it reduces redness and the appearance of imperfections. In haircare, it adds shine for visibly healthier, more beautiful hair.
- Green tea maceration is rich in antioxidants and known for its revitalizing and nourishing properties. You’ll also benefit from the softening properties of olive oil, which is the base oil of this maceration.
- Rich in essential fatty acids and vitamin E, sunflower oil offers many skin benefits, restoring softness, suppleness, and tone to your complexion.
- You can replace one of the vegetable oils with another oil that’s best suited to your needs. However, this recipe was specially formulated to work for all skin and hair types and to be able to be used on your face. If you wish to change one of the oils, when making your selection, keep in mind how you’re planning to use this product. For tips, you can check out our articles on what oils are best for different hair types and different skin types.
- This rich oil imparts a light floral scent. If you’d prefer a stronger fragrance, you can add an aromatic essence. Just replace 2 grams of any of the vegetable oils with the same quantity of aromatic essence.
Steps to follow
- Prepare and disinfect your equipment and workspace.
- Weigh all the ingredients in the stainless steel bowl.
- Stir with a spoon or a small spatula until homogeneous.
- Use a funnel to pour the mixture into the bottle, scraping the bowl with the spatula to get every last drop.
- Your homemade face, body, and hair oil is now ready!
Use and conservation
Our DIY rich oil can be used throughout the year on your face, body, or hair. It’s formulated for all skin and hair types.
For body use, pour a couple drops into the palm of your hand, then apply to your skin using circular motions.
For face use, you can use this oil on its own, like a serum, or mix a couple drops into your usual face cream or lotion. For combination or oily skin, we recommend applying it once per day. If you have dry skin, you can use it both morning and evening.
For hair use, you can use it as a pre-shampoo hair mask or as a hair oil. For a deep treatment, apply the oil to your scalp once per week. Leave it on for a good half hour before shampooing, then proceed with your usual haircare routine. You can also use it as daily care on your mid-lengths and tips.
When made in optimal sanitary conditions, this DIY multipurpose oil will keep for at least three months.