Upon looking outside it might be difficult to believe, but the calendar confirms it: this month, spring will arrive.
We’ve been doing our part to give spring a helping hand. We’re dusting off the bottles of floral essential oils and aromatic essences and we’ve managed to create some spring ambiance around here. Here’s a recipe that we created to help you do the same.
How to make home fragrance?
- Bottle, blue PETE with mister 120ml
- Pipettes 3ml for essential oils
- Small bowl
- 0.1 gram precision scale or measuring beaker
- 24 ml (23g) of hydrosol or demineralized water
- 84 ml (70g) of isopropyl alcohol 70%
- 12 ml (10g) of a blend of essential oils or/and aromatic essences. You can create your very own blend, or pick one below.
Steps to follow
- Prepare and sterilize your equipment and workspace.
- Choose a “perfume recipe”.
- Weigh or measure your ingredients.
- Mix your essential oils and/or aromatic essences in a ramekin.
- Add your mix to the rubbing alcohol, and whisk well.
- Add your hydrosol while mixing.
- Using a funnel, pour the mixture into a bottle with a misting top.
- Label your creation.
- Allow the ingredients two weeks to properly mix and marry.
- Shake well before each use. Use liberally as an air and fabric freshener, or even for your clothes and hair.
Note: Always spot test fabric first to make sure no spots or discolouration will occur.
Shelf life: 2 years