Adopt the “purrrfect” reflex after all your sports sessions
Whether you’re a weekend warrior, an active person, a yogi or a serious athlete, you know it’s essential to be properly equipped. No doubt you pay special attention to wearing just the right shoes and clothing. But don’t forget: it’s just as important to take care of your most important equipment – your body!
This balm’s hot/cold effect on the skin makes it ideal for use after any intense athletic activity and by daredevils who sometimes push their body just a bit too far. Massaged into the skin, it will quickly become indispensable!
With Purrrfect balm by your side, you’ll soon be purring with satisfaction!
How to make my sport balm
Before you begin
This product has a high concentration of essential oils since we want to create a hot/cold effect on the skin. For this reason, it’s important to take the following precautions:
- Apply a thin layer to the painful area.
- Don’t use on large areas of skin.
- Do not swallow.
- Keep away from your eyes and mucous membranes.
- Wash your hands after using.
- Should not be used by pregnant or nursing women or children under the age of seven.
The following essential oils: (drops measured with a 3 ml pipette)
Good to know!
- If you’d prefer a milder product, you can decrease the quantities of one or more essential oils. However, we strongly recommend that you don’t change the proportions or increase the concentration of any essential oils in this product. You can only decrease them.
- It’s important to follow this recipe exactly since changing proportions could result in a product that irritates the skin!
- You can change this balm into an oil by replacing the candelilla wax and cetyl alcohol with jojoba oil. In that case, you must heat the oils to dissolve the menthol crystals, let cool, and add the essential oils.
Étapes à suivre
- Prepare and sterilize your equipment and workspace.
- In the small stainless steel bowl, weigh the wax, cetyl alcohol, and oils. Melt over low heat in the double boiler.
- Meanwhile, weigh the menthol crystals in a ramekin.
- In another ramekin, weigh and mix all the essential oils and the vitamin E.
- When the ingredients in the bowl have melted, mix and add the menthol crystals. Mix well to dissolve the menthol crystals, and add the essential oils. Mix well again.
- When the mixture starts to solidify on the sides of the bowl, scrape the sides well and pour the mixture into the containers.
- Let solidify at room temperature and cover with the lid when cooled.
- Label the containers.
Use and shelf life
This product will keep well for several months, or up to a year.