Our DIY face and body scrub is pure indulgence
You cleanse, you moisturize, you use serum and toner in the appropriate order. But how often do you treat your skin to an exfoliating scrub? While it’s an oft-forgotten step in our beauty routines, it shouldn’t be! Scrubs are great for revitalizing and purifying your complexion. And this one smells delicious, too, which is why we’re calling it Scrubtious!
Rather than tailor our latest scrub recipe to a specific skin type, we wanted to design it for the season instead. This comforting and gentle homemade face and body scrub is perfect for the cold weather ahead, as it will provide extra soothing care for your skin. Not only does it slough off dead cells and rid your epidermis of impurities, this DIY scrub also leaves your complexion soft and glowing.
An all-natural face and body scrub that’s as scrumptious to smell as it is effective to use? Sounds like a sweet deal to us!
- 24 g (20%) white sugar
- 36 g (30%) brown sugar
- 35.4 g (29.5%) argan oil
- 7.2 g (6%) cinnamon powder
- 3 g (2.5%) vanilla bean specks
- 7.2 g (6%) cocoa powder
- 1.2 g (1%) vitamin E
- 3 g (2.5%) honey aromatic essence
- 3 g (2.5%) almond aromatic essence
- Scale, accurate to 0.1 g
- Two small stainless steel bowls
- A few ramekins
- A few spoons
- Pipette for the aromatic essences
- Plastic jar, 120 ml
Good to know!
- The sugars are the exfoliants in this homemade scrub. They slough off dead cells and revitalize your skin, leaving it radiant and supple.
- We chose argan oil for its wonderful nourishing properties. It will leave your skin as soft as a baby’s.
- Cinnamon powder makes your pores appear smaller, for visibly smoother, better-rested skin.
- In addition to adding a touch of sweetness, the vanilla bean specks are moisturizing and are perfect for softening your skin.
- Rich in minerals and vitamins A, B, C, and E, cocoa powder helps reduce the visible signs of aging and tones your skin, making it a choice ingredient for mature and tired complexions.
Steps to follow
- Prepare and disinfect your equipment and workspace.
- Weigh all the dry ingredients in the first small bowl. Mix to combine.
- Weigh all the wet ingredients in the second bowl. Mix to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly until the dry ingredients are soaked through.
- Transfer the mixture to the jar. Your homemade scrub is ready!
Use and conservation
This homemade face and body scrub is formulated for all skin types.
Apply your scrub to damp skin, and massage it in using circular motions, then rinse off. You can use this scrub one to two times per week, depending on your skin’s needs.
When made in optimal sanitary conditions, your DIY scrub will keep for three to six months.